Thursday 20 June 2013

'Success and failure are temporary in TV'

Says Sanjeeda Sheikh, who is upset about her three-month-old show being axed; calls the experience painful

Launched amid much fanfare, Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan, a remake of a Bengali show called Khela, was expected to mirror the original's success. Now, news is that the show, which stars Sanjeeda Sheikh, Kiran Karmarkar and Additi Gupta, will go off air within three months of its launch. Poor TRPs are being blamed for the prime time show's sudden end.
Sanjeeda quit an ongoing show to bag this role, and is dejected about its failure. "I'm upset that Dastaan is ending. After working so hard, to see it end abruptly is painful," says Sanjeeda. The rumours about the show being pulled off have been doing the rounds for the past two weeks now. "We were mentally prepared before the news was out. I'm glad I got appreciated for my role and the modern outlook that the show propagated," she says.
The actor, however, refuses to remark upon reports of differences between the show's makers and the channel. "It can't be only about the TRPs. The show that replaced us at 10 pm, Connected Hum Tum, has no TRPs either," she says.
Sanjeeda believes that this one failure will not have major repercussions on her career. "I've seen new actresses do one show and disappear or struggle for years to get their next break. I've been fortunate enough to have four shows back-to-back as lead. Success and failure are temporary in TV," she says. Does she regret leaving her earlier show Piya Ka Ghar? "No. I needed a break as I was doing it for over two years. I don't want my shows to run for more than a year as you get bored doing the same role. But you don't want your show to end in three months either," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment