Monday 24 June 2013

I will never play negative after Saraswatichandra:Monica Bedi

 

 

Monica Bedi who plays Guman in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Sarawsatichandra is a renowned name in the industry. She was seen in many movies earlier and is epitome of beauty. Currently she is playing a total negative character in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra.
Monica Bedi says that she is loving every bit of her stint in the show, "I am simply loving each and every bit of my stint in the show. Saraswatichandra is a very different show and not a typical saas-Bahu saga. It has a very warm and loving story line which appeals to the masses. Each and every actor is justified in the show by the character they are portraying."
Talking about her negative character she went on to say, "I never thought I would ever do such a negative role. I remember when Sanjay Sir told me that I will have to play negative, I was very skeptical it. However, now I feel I have made a perfect decision by taking up this role. The negative act of Guman is not very loud, she is sophisticated, soft and docile too but she has her own suppressed desires and a greed for money hence Sanjay sir wanted me as I had that soft look on my face. More than that, I am thankful to almighty that he gave me such a role and the appreciation that I have been getting from my fans is commendable. My look, costumes, the attire I wear is also talked about. I would like to thank all my fans for the same liking me and the show and hope that they keep watching the show."
When we asked her about the differnce between other daily soaps and Sarawatichandra. The entire set up and the look is like a movie. Talking about my character Guman, I would say that she is a bitch and will remain so forever as she can't be good and positive! This is the USP of the show, and every actor is what he or she is and they won't change shades unless there is a requirement for TRP."
She went on to explain, "If you ask me how similar or different I and Guman are I would say we are very very different by all means. In real life, I am very shy and reserved, soft spoken while Guman is super bitchy and doesn't want good for her son as her greed and passion is much higher than emotions while I am very easy going person at heart."
We also ask her about the rumors on the sets of Jennifer Singh Grover not being comfortable in shooting romantic scenes."Yes, I too have been hearing rumours about it but honestly I would say professionally Jennifer is a brilliant actress. She is good to everyone and she has been in this industry and is professional when it comes to work. She also talks to everyone around, and doesn't throw tantrums as such. While Gautam Rode is the prankster who makes us laugh and plays pranks on us whereas his role in the serial is shown to be very calm and silent."
However, Monica says she is done with negative roles as of now, "In my future projects, I won't take up negative roles at all. I want to do more of positive roles now and even comedy would do. Somehow for me Saraswatichandra will be the only negative I would like to do in my career."
Here's wishing Monica all the very best for her stint in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment